mini editor !


Get your own Mini Editor from Polyvore

Sunday, March 15, 2009

i live to let you shine, five


CHAPTER FIVE – ROAD TO HAPPINESS

The whole afternoon, I was helping the band set up. It wasn’t just BCC that I was helping out, but I was also helping Take Sky, Under Friction and Three Flags and a Tapir. It wasn’t hard work because they were considerate and knew not to give me heavy things like drum sets to carry and set up. I didn’t get paid, which I must admit was a bummer, but I wasn’t expecting to anyways. I spent the whole afternoon with Mattias, and that was enough to make sure that the smile on my face never faded.

By 5:00, the venue was three quarters full. Then time passed, and by the time it was 5:20, it was packed. I ended up getting the best seats in the house, the front row. I got to watch all the bands perform, obviously, and then when BCC came on, I cheered louder than ever. All of the bands were great. I especially liked Take Sky. How ironic – earlier I said I was part of their band. I wish I was. The Blind Color Collective was a breath taker, and when they performed, I understood why they were the headliners. However, Mattias couldn’t stop looking at some girl in the back row. I wondered then if I was just another girl in his to-do list.

The show was over, but many people stayed. They were greeting the band and thanking them, drinking some alcohol and just hanging around. It started to get hot and sweaty. It was clogging up my throat and I couldn’t take the heat and humidity, so I had to step out. I was already sweating, and I wiped off my forehead with the back of my hand. “Goodness gracious.” I whispered. I couldn’t stop thinking about the girl that Mattias was staring at. The worse part was that she was gorgeous.

I leaned against the wall and was deciding whether or not to hitch a cab and go find another motel. I mind slapped myself for ever thinking that getting with Mattias could be reality. I pushed myself off of the wall, and went to the edge of the sidewalk. I raised my hand, waiting for a taxi, until someone grabbed it and pulled it down. I turned around quickly to see who it was, ready to scold them for interfering.

“Are you serious?” I nearly yelled as I turned out.
It was Jonah, from BCC. He spoke with his accent, and raised a brow at me. “Yes?”
“Sorry, Jone. What is it?” I apologized.
He smiled. “It’s cool, mate. Matt’s just been looking for you.”
“Why?” I sighed.
“You don’t want him to?” Jonah had a confused look on his face. Before I could answer, the pretty girl that Mattias kept staring at in the back room came out and was standing behind Jonah. I almost gave her a dirty look, but I had some self-control. He turned around slightly and gave her a kiss on the cheek. “Hey, babe.” Now I was the one with the confused face. Jonah turned back to me. “This is me girlfriend Kayla.”
I was stunned for a few seconds but I regained myself. “Hey, I’m Analise.” I smiled at her.
“Hey.” She smiled back.
“This is Matt’s jailbait.” Jonah explained to her with a giggle.
I couldn’t help but laugh too. “Excuse you, I’m legal.”
He turned back to look at me with a grin. “Yeah, yeah, I know you are. Just go back and find Matt, would you?”

I smiled now, and was no longer confused. I no longer wanted a taxi to another motel. The girl that Mattias kept staring at was Jonah’s girlfriend. But why did he keep staring at her? I had myself confused all over again. “Sure thing. Where’s he at?”
“Well come on, then.” He said and gestured for me to follow him.

We made our way back into the venue. We had to cut through crowds just to get to where the rest of the band, including Mattias, was. My heart started to thump and beat faster and harder than ever, it nearly pumped through my chest. I don’t know why I was getting nervous, but I really wanted to grill him down about staring at Kayla. I thought about that for a second, and wondered why I was getting so protective. He wasn’t my boyfriend, not even a hook-up, yet I was more than jealous when I caught him staring at her.

Once we got to the band, everyone started chatting, and Mattias immediately went to me. “There you are.” He said with a grin.

“Yeah, here I am.” I said simply.
He frowned. “Is something wrong?”
I acted like he was crazy, just so he would let this slip. “What? No.”
“You sure?” He asked, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. It nearly gave me goose bumps.
I nodded. “Sure.”
“Well, we’re all going out soon. You’re coming with, right?” He whispered in my ear. I had not the slightest idea why he had to whisper in my ear, but yet again, it nearly gave me goose bumps. I couldn’t say no to that voice, either.

“Sure.” I told him.
He turned around so he was in front of me. He bent his head so his eyes met mine, and I was confused. “Are you sure there’s nothing wrong?” He asked again. His hand was on my chin, holding my face up, and once more, it nearly gave me goose bumps. Why is it that a guy I had just met started to give me chills so suddenly, even if it’s just one little action.

I couldn’t take it anymore, so I laid it out flat. “Do you like Kayla?”
He almost burst out laughing. “What?”
“…What? Just answer it.”
He chuckled lightly before answering me. “No, of course not. That’s my best mate’s girl.”
“So?”
“So, no, I don’t like her.” He smiled at me.
I just sighed and let my arms hang down. “Alright.”
“Is that what was bugging you? You thought I liked Kayla?”
I lied and turned my head to the side, making sure no eye contact was made. “No, I was just wondering.”

His hand went on my cheek while the other still held my chin and he turned my face so that our eyes met. He leaned in and for a short second, he gave me a warm kiss. In that short second, my heart stopped beating and I nearly lost my breath. I definitely lost my train of thought, my anger and my confusion. Everything bad went away.When he pulled away, he still kept eye contact with me, and his eyes were almost sparkling . They looked too sincere, and he had on a slight smile. “The truth is I haven’t stopped thinking about you since the day I bumped into you.” He said, almost in a whisper, and that alone made my heart pound like crazy.

No comments: