mini editor !


Get your own Mini Editor from Polyvore

Sunday, May 24, 2009

interview with polyvore's ℓovepeacejoy

Meet Olivia, also known as ℓovepeacejoy on Polyvore. I've asked her a few questions, and she's willingly answered them! Be sure to check her out - her sets are amazing!

View 'Random sets you should check out!' on Polyvore


Who is your style icon?
Hmm... I really love Mary-Kate Olsens sense of style. I guess she's one, and probably Kate Moss. I like the badass look :]

Do the sets you make on Polyvore reflect your style in real life?
I'm more of a jeans-and-tee kind of girl. My Polyvore style most definitely doesn't represent how I dress in real-life. I wear basic outfits, and on Polyvore my outfits are more outrageous and fun. I wish I dressed as well as my sets.

If you had all the money in the world, what is the first thing you'd buy?
The first thing I'd buy would be a Balenciaga bag. I love their bags ;]

What inspires you when making your sets on Polyvore?
My inspiration comes from random things I see and hear. Like, if I see a pattern in a rug, I try to bring it out in my sets. I also get inspiration from random items on Polyvore. If I see a bracelet I like, I try to make a set that would fit it.

Who are your favourite designers, and why?
I love Christian Louboutin. His designs are always crisp and the signature red soles are super cool. I also LOVE Marc Jacobs. He's never afraid to create a daring pattern using wild colors.

Do you follow trends? If yes, what is your favourite right now?
Yes, I do. The trend I am currently obsessed with are gladiator shoes. Everywhere I go, I always point out the gladiator shoes for sale. I actually just bought another pair :] I also love using them in my sets.

What do you think will be a big hit/trend in Summer 09?
I think Maxi dresses will be a big trend, if they aren't already. They are pretty versatile and most of the times made with nice and airy material. I know I'm going to buy myself one or two.

If you could go to one show during New York Fashion Week, which show would you go to and why?
Marc Jacobs for sure. I love him and I love his clothes. Being able to see the outfits on the runway would be great!

If you were the fashion police, what would be illegal?
Oh there are so many things I'd make illegal! Shoes with socks to me is a big fashion no-no. I'd also take out cropped army pants. When I see people on the street just wearing them I want to scream! Lol. Last but not least, lost peasant skirts. What a catastrophe :D

What are you favourite stores?
I love topshop. Their clothes can match any personality. Too bad I don't live where there are any of their stores.

Do you consider yourself a fashionable person for your age?
I do. I may not wear super amazing clothes, but I always make sure to wear something stylish.

Do you have any fashion advice for anybody?
Don't just dress to impress people. Dress to please yourself, thats all that matters. Labels don't matter either. Whether you shop designer or thrift, the outcome can always be the same.

No comments: