mini editor !


Get your own Mini Editor from Polyvore

Saturday, May 30, 2009

interview with polyvore's Coco Tutu ♥

Meet E, also known as Coco Tutu ♥ on Polyvore. She's known for her amazing mosaic sets, usually soft colours or dark, edgy colours. She's willingly answered the questions that I asked her, and her answers are definitely unique! Remember to check out her sets, they are gorgeous!

View 'best stories' on Polyvore


What made you interested in fashion in the first place?
For fashion, I've loved it all my life. Probably what inspired me were mainly two things: My mom and my city. First of all my mom is really a style icon- she has amazing items and truly great sense of style. I've always loved playing with her Birkin bags and walking in her Manolos. She showed me a great side of fashion which inspired me to pursue it. Second is my city. I live in NYC which is filled with fashionable people and I am exposed to tons of fashion so I think that also inspired me.

Who is/are your style icon(s)?
Wow, that's a tough one.
I adore:
Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's. Wow, all her outfits were amazing and if you find a pair of tortoiseshell glasses like that I will LOVE you forever!
I love Kate Moss's ability to look fabulous in everything and try new things.
I think Mary Kate Olsen has some good inspiration in a boho glam look.
I love Blair Waldrof's preppy chic look
I think that Cory Kennedy pulls of a grunge boho glam high fashion look fabulously

What inspires you when making your sets on Polyvore?
When making sets on Polyvore I normally get inspired by a picture I see or an item I find. Sometimes I find a cute quote or even have a mood I am in. Also, RP characters and their diverse personality and things that happened that day.

Who is/are your favourite designer(s) and why?
I love Hermes for being so timeless and classic, YSL and Chanel for the same, Marc Jacobs is always just fabulous, Phillip Lim 3.1 for having amazing clothing, Acne for their fabulous dresses (as seen on lagarconne.com) and of course I LOVE Balenciaga.

If you could attend one show during New York Fashion Week, which show would you attend and why?
Gosh just one? Probably Chanel or Balenciaga. Chanel always pulls on a fabulous show and I am just in love with Balenciaga and their edgy fashions.

If you had all the money in the world, what would you spend it on?
-Hermes Birkin
-Chanel 2.55 Bag
-Sass & Bide denim shorts
-Alexander Wang tank top
-Balenciaga big city bag
-Hermes bangles
-Bulgari bracelets, necklaces, everything
-Cartier earrings
-Boyfriend jeans, Current & Elliot
-Chanel flats
-MANOLOS!
-Louboutins
-Jimmy Choos
-BAGS, SHOES and more! I would go crazy :).

Do you follow trends? If so, which are your favourites and least favourites?
I do follow trends in the fact I like to know what is "in" and "out" but i can't say I follow them. I just wear whatever I like :).
I think that one shoulder dresses are fabulous for spring and love distressed denim shorts. I don't love harem pants, and this isn't really a trend but I like Hunter boots but the fact now everyone in my school are wearing them is getting my annoyed.

Your mosaics are stunning. How long does it take you to create one and where do you find all the items?
Wow, thanks! Well, it depends. A set like that has taken me 2 minutes or 2 weeks. It depends on how much inspiration I have and how quickly and how good items I already have to compliment the set. Sometimes I don't have a story so a finished draft also sits in my sets for weeks.

Do the sets you create on Polyvore reflect your style in real life? If so, how?
Somewhat the styles do. I would wear everything that I make. I genuinely like all the outfits. However some are a bit more edgy or bright or showy than what I would wear, but I would love wearing them. I just wish I had all the items!

What are your favourite stores?
I love Olive & Bettes a boutique in NYC, the stores of my favorite designers and Bergdorf's, Barney's, Bloomingdale's and Sak's.

If you were the fashion police, what would be illegal?
Tube Tops, Uggs with Sweatpants, too much Abercrombie / Hollister with the logo Coach bag and Juicy Couture gold charm bracelet.

Do you have any set making advice for anybody?
For Polyvore making advice mine would be:
-don't copy
-be yourself
-try to find inspiration
-just go with it! see what comes out no matter how ridiculous it may seem! experiment with things you may not wear in real life!

Do you have any fashion advice for anybody?
For fashion advice, mine would be:
-wear what you want not what others wear
-be yourself and don't be afraid to take risks
-invest in classics and quality pieces which will last a lifetime

No comments: