mini editor !


Get your own Mini Editor from Polyvore

Friday, May 29, 2009

interview with polyvores your lullaby ;

Meet Mechele, also known as your lullaby ; on Polyvore. She, fortunately, agreed to let me ask her a bunch of questions and her answers are truly inspiring! Look out for her on Polyvore - her sets are astonishing and brilliant!

View 'Les Filles Riches Crasseuses' on Polyvore


What made you interested in fashion in the first place?
Probably the fact that its one of the most obvious ways of expressing yourself. Its the first thing people see when you first meet them, so in my opinion its something very important and expressive, that everyone should try to customize to their own personalities.

Who is/are your style icon(s)?
I have a lot of icons, but the most important ones to me are Daisy Lowe, Mary-Kate and Ashley, and Becky Lou Filip.

What inspires you when making your sets on Polyvore?
Lots of things, mostly music though. The look and feel of my sets really depend of what type of music I was listening to while I was making them.

Who is/are your favourite designer(s) and why?
Coco Chanel and Marc Jacobs are my absolute favourites. I love Chanel because every piece is very classic, and I love Marc Jacobs because his pieces are fun to play around with, especially in sets.

If you could attend one show during New York Fashion Week, which show would you attend and why?
Probably Jill Stuart's, she's just amazing.

If you had all the money in the world, what would you spend it on?
Clothes, lots of clothes. And in two years when I turn 16 I would probably buy a fancy car of some sort.

Your roleplay sets have amazing stories. Where do you get your muse from?
I try and figure out what I want the mood for the story to be, not necessarily what will happen, but just the feel of it so I can pick out what type of music to listen to while I'm writing it. Then while I'm listening to songs that fit the story's mood, the story itself usually just comes together without that much planning of the actual details. So my muses for the stories are almost always singers or bands.

Do you follow trends? If so, which are your favourites and least favourites?
I'm sure if you really looked at me or my sets you would find trends that I've followed, but I never think to myself 'I have to wear this just because everyone else is.' I try and just wear and make sets with the things I genuinely like, not things I've made myself think I like or should like.

Do you think you are a fashionable person for your age?
In my opinion, yes, but everyone has a different idea of what they think is 'fashionable.' To some people I probably am, but I'm sure some other people think differently.

Do the sets you create on Polyvore reflect your style in real life? If so, how?
They do now, but they haven't always. I went through a few month period where basically the only sets I made were for other people, but now they definitely reflect my style in real life. If you knew me personally and looked at any of my sets that I've made within the last month or so, you would definitely see that they're reflective of my real life style.

What are your favourite stores?
It really depends on what I'm looking for, but my absolute favourites are Urban Outfitters and Top Shop.

If you were the fashion police, what would be illegal?
Probably clothes that don't fit properly and things that aren't very original or have been done too much.

Do you have any set making advice for anybody?
Not really, I don't want to say to people how I think they should make sets. The only thing I can say is that you should make them way you feel the most comfortable making them and the way you think they turn out the best for you. Everyone should make the types of sets that work for them and make them the way they like to.

Do you have any fashion advice for anybody?
I think the only fashion advice I would give would be 'Dress for yourself and always wear the things you like. Never try to please other people by changing your style, it won't do anyone any good.'

No comments: