mini editor !


Get your own Mini Editor from Polyvore

Sunday, May 31, 2009

interview with polyvore's It'sLily,Love♥Adam♥Lambert♥

Meet Lily, also known as It'sLily,Love♥ to all of Polyvore. She's willingly agreed to answer my questions for her, and I'm sure alot of people are dying to find out her inspiring answers. Check out her sets, they are truly stunning! And also, read the whole interview, because she gave me such amazing answers!

View 'i smile, you smile, the end ;' on Polyvore


What made you interested in fashion in the first place?
When I was 8 years old, my mom started working at Bloomingdale's, and sometimes I'd get to go see her. I started to become really fascinated with all the different clothes on the mannequins, the bright colors all over the store, and the way people would mix and match different patterns. Also, my mom is a huge inspiration to me when it comes to everything...she's really the one I should credit for getting me into fashion.

Who is/are your style icon(s)?
My style icons would have to be Rachel Bilson and Lauren Conrad. Rachel, because she has this fun, effortless style, and she's so fearless. I love that about her. The versatility she has in her style is something no one else has. She can be going to the market, and she'll get all dressed up for it. Not many people do that. She makes going out and grabbing the mail a huge occassion. I just think that's so fun. As for Lauren, I've always been such a big fan. I think she's a great style icon because she can take everyday pieces like the little black dress or a pair of skinny jeans and make them so chic. Even if she's wearing a simple black blazer, she'll look stunning because of her fresh, unique approach to dressing.

What inspires you when making your sets on Polyvore?
When I'm making sets on Polyvore, I usually try to find one item that really catches my eye, and then I base my whole set off of that. Usually, it'll be a dress or a top, but sometimes if I see some really nice shoes, I can use them too as my first item. It all depends on what attracts the eye, I think.

Who is/are your favourite designer(s) and why?
My favorite designers are Chanel and 3.1 Phillip Lim. Chanel is just a timeless, elegant brand that will never get old. Every single piece is so different and lovely in its own way. 3.1 Phillip Lim has always been one of my favorites. It's perfect in every single way. You can work any one piece into your every day wardrobe, and I think that that's very important.

If you could attend one show during New York Fashion Week, which show would you attend and why?
I would attend Christian Siriano's show. I loved him on Project Runway, and I love him now. His style is so different, fun, and quirky. I love every one of his creations, and I would kill to wear something that he made.

If you had all the money in the world, what would you spend it on?
I would probably give most of that money away to kids living in third-world countries, especially the little known ones like Bangladesh and such. If I were to have any left, I would buy a beach house in Malibu and invest in a pair of Louboutins.

Do you follow trends? If so, which are your favourites and least favourites?
I suppose I do follow trends, but it depends. I'm not a very practical dresser, and I try to have at least one item that is eye-catching, so one of my favorite trends would have to be colorful flats. I'm a huge fan of peep-toe heels, but I don't own a pair myself. If I could, I would definitely get a pair of Miu Miu peep-toes. Another one of my favorite trends is bows. I like including lots and lots of bows in my sets. My least favorite trends are oxford shoes and fringe-y boots. I've never really liked them. I'm not sure why, I just have never found ways to work them into my daily wardrobe.

Do the sets you create on Polyvore reflect your style in real life? If so, how?
The sets I create on Polyvore definitely reflect on my style in real life, in a big way. I love scarves more than anything, and I love pairing them with sweaters. I'm also having a huge obsession with shorts at the moment. I'm not a huge glove-wearer, but I have two colorful pairs and one lacy pair. All these things can be seen included in my sets.

What are your favourite stores?
My favorite stores are Free People, Forever 21, and Urban Outfitters.

What are some bands/books/songs/people etc. that inspire you?
I listen to All Time Low, Breaking Benjamin, Bullet for My Valentine, and Eyes Set To Kill a lot, as well as other bands when I need inspiration. As for people, Chrisstinaa!, Manda, Laura, watching.clouds, and Lindsey are very inspirational. There's a song called 'Darling' that means everything to me. :]

If you were the fashion police, what would be illegal?
Abercrombie and Hollister would be illegal if I were the fashion police. Those would be the first things I'd think to make illegal.

What is your favourite item that you own?
My favorite item that I own is my black sweater. It has gold buttons and white stripes. It's sort of perfect for any occasion.

Do you have any set making advice for anybody?
Even if everyone else is doing something else, stick with what you're comfortable with. I recently just made a mosaic-y type of set, and it wasn't 'me' at all. I'm all about trying new things and doing something different once in a while, but most of the time, I think it's really important to be doing what you want, not what others are doing.

Do you have an inspiration quote or any advice for anybody on fashion?
Fashion isn't all about what's being worn by celebrities or what designers are making. It's about releasing your inner creativity and making yourself look and feel good. When I think about fashion, I think about having fun and going crazy. I've never had a day when I've 'worried' about finding something to wear for an occasion. It's just so much fun for me. It's not something that should be taken seriously.

1 comment:

Secret Roleplayer said...

What an interesting interview! Your questions are really great. :)